Monday, March 29, 2010

Review: Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara (Update)

Since I'm such a mascara junkie I picked up Maybelline's Full N Soft mascara after reading glowing reviews on MakeupAlley. Everyone seemed to like this mascara but since MUA has disappointed me before, I decided to test it out myself.

Quick take: Does as promised on the packaging and cheap. Wish it lengthened better and was slightly darker since it's called 'very black'. B+



Maybelline promises on their packaging: 

This mascara builds full, soft thick lashes without the brittle feel.

  • Prevents loss of lashes with patented Quick Dissolve System that allows easy mascara removal

  • No clumps, no globs

  • Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic

  • Washable; also available in waterproof formula


What I liked: It performed like the package said it would. It gave me tons of volume (it grabbed every lash!), applied cleanly and defined my lashes. This mascara was very layerable without looking spidery, and I experienced no flakes. My lashes stayed soft and curled all day. Taking it off was cake since it dissolved easily with eye makeup remover.

No likey: The package said it was 'very black' but it wasn't all that dark on my lashes. It gave me tons of volume but that took several coats to achieve. It did nothing to lengthen my lashes.

No mascara


3 coats of Full 'N Soft


The brush was pretty big but not gigantic.


I probably wouldn't buy this mascara again since I'm more into dramatic mascaras. I'd recommend this to someone who wants natural and full looking lashes. The price easy to swallow at $6.49 (I think I got it for $5.49 at Target).

Product available at Drugstore.com

Disclosure- product featured was bought by yours truly.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You have really long lower lashes. I never noticed before. Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Wow, this mascara looks great on you! It does deliver a bit of length but like you say, nothing OMG! I haven't tried it but the mascara junkie in me wants to now! BTW, you made me wonder...what mascaras do you use? I'm interested! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marce- hey girl! My HG is Dior Iconic. I always get asked if I'm wearing fake lashes when i wear that mascara. I'd also be all over Rimmel mascara's if I wasn't so allergic to them

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails