Monday, April 5, 2010

Review: DiorShow Iconic Mascara

I must start off saying, I love this mascara. I picked up my first tube of it not really thinking i'd find something better than my fav YSL Faux Cils but I did. Dare I say this is my holy grail mascara? Heck yeah it is!

Quick take: Dark, long, defined lashes. With everyday use, a tube will last you over 2 months. A+



DiorShow Iconic promises- A mascara with an innovative oblique brush that curls and defines lashes.With its long, skinny teeth, the plastic comb brush allows you to precisely coat each lash one-by-one-creating a long, separated fan of lashes that usually takes the skill of a makeup artist. The extra-hold formula provides a 24-hour-curl with 100% smudge-proof results.

What I liked: Not only did it perform like the package said it would, my lashes looked noticeably longer. I occasionally get asked if I'm wearing false lashes when I use this mascara! I love that this mascara never flakes or smudges, and even looks the same hours after you applied it. I don't need to curl my lashes, the formula and brush do the curling for me. Best of all, I don't feel like I'm wasting my money since a tube lasts for months with everyday use.

No likey: To hold the curl, the mascara gets a little stiff. Taking it off takes a little effort but it's nothing a good makeup remover can't remove.

No Mascara


2 coats of DiorShow Iconic, I did not curl my lashes


I'd buy this mascara over and over again. One coat of mascara looks nice and natural but two or more and you've got some drama! Although it costs $27, you get your moneys worth since it doesn't dry out in a week like some other brands do.

Product available at Sephora

Disclosure- product featured was bought by yours truly.

5 comments:

  1. Your lashes look so long! I have Diorshow blackout and it's a bit thick for every day for me, it can get a bit clumpy. I've just ordered a new tube of Faux Cils, mine ran out about a month ago and I've missed it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOOOOD! It multiplied your lashes by, like 10! At least! I'm not a fan of the original DiorShow since it flakes on me, but if I have the money I'll totally give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- I definitely have lots of love for faux cils! I actually didn't like blackout all that much because of the clumps and the flakes :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marce- I have the same problem with the regular diorshow, it's flake city. Iconic is amazing and flake free! Prestige My biggest lashes is almost a dupe except it has a regular brush whereas iconic is little combs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the difference is amazing. I usually don't apply mascara on my lower lashes. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails