Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hourglass Fortune LOTD and Review

This Summer, Hourglass Cosmetics is adding Fortune, a metallic pink gold shade to their ever popular Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss collection, and I was lucky enough to score a tube to review.

Quick take: Does as promised on the packaging. Not the cheapest but it makes up for it in quality. Not a fan of lipglosses that smell like food. B+



Product Claims
*Laminactine™ deeply penetrates, reinforcing fragile tissues damaged by excessive sun exposure while enhancing collagen and elastin production to smooth fine lines and form definition.
*Provides intense hydration to keep lips from cracking or chapping.
*Treated with super-antioxidant vitamin E to nurture and shelter lips from damaging environmental elements.
*Wears alone or layers over lipstick and liner to impart instant shine.
*Paraben-, sulfate-, synthetic-dye, and phthalate-free.

Fortune looks gorgeous in the tube. It applies as a warm metallic golden pink.




Side note: man it's so weird looking at my lips up close and personal! I was going to post a full face picture but I had a pretty bad allergic reaction to an SPF lotion I was testing out. Boo to octinoxate!

Sunlight


Flash


No lippie= SCARY!


What I liked:
*It felt very smooth on my lips with no tackiness.
*Thin but opaque application.
*Super shiny and gorgeous color!
*Did not settle into lines.
*Moisturizing on the lips.
*It wears about 4 hours before I feel I need to reapply it.

No likey:
*The price, but any good gloss is going to set you back (hello Chanel!)
*Smells like cake frosting. I don't like glosses that smell like food, however many people do. The smell faded after a little while.

Available May 2010 at Sephora and Barneys New York ($28)

Disclosure: I was provided a sample of the product by PR. I was not paid to do this review. My commitment is to my readers, and I will remain truthful to you.

6 comments:

  1. Also... when I saw LOTD, I thought "Lord of the Dance?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I like that color! So by no tackiness, do you mean no hair sticky factor? That's a problem for me with glosses! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty shade! Though i probably won't be able to pull it off. sadly, my lips are just way too pigmented so i will skp this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! I really want to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle- yes, non sticky! Lol Lord of the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley, I think this color actually would look better on someone with more pigmented lips than me. Check out this lippie on Karen over at Make Up and Beauty Blog (Karenmbb on twitter)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails