Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review: Sonia Kashuk Remove Eye Makeup Remover


I'm pretty dang picky when it comes to eye makeup remover. Many variables must go into picking my remover. It must take off waterproof mascara, it must take off everything without residue, it must not goop up my eyes, it must not sting, it must take off everything fast - no elbow grease needed, etc etc etc. I've had terrible luck in the past with removers and only use one brand but even my holy grail remover has flaws (leaves a little white residue and not available in stores). And then there's every one's favorite remover (coughlancomebifacilcough) that ruins my contacts every freakin time.

Enter Sonia Kashuk Remove. I've had pretty good luck with the Target exclusive brand in the past. Her brushes rock! So does her remover live up her reputation? Let's test that bad boy out.

The Target website describes Remove as follows:
•This fresh-as-water eye makeup remover activates when shaken to gently whisk away waterproof eye makeup while conditioning and refreshing the skin
•No stinging, it’s ideal for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers
•Eye Makeup Remover
•Perfect for All Skin Types

The good: I was very pleasantly surprised by this remover. It took off all of my eye makeup with very little effort. I'd wet a cotton pad, place it over my lashes for a couple seconds to melt my makeup and swipe it off in no time. I experienced no immediate irritation or goopy eyes in the morning. It also left no oily residue!

The not so good: The remover costs $9.99 but they do give you a generous 4.75ozs. The mouth on the bottle is hugeeeee- be careful not to knock it over. Lastly, I'm VERY sensitive in the eye department (dry eyes). After a couple days of using this, I found my eyes would feel a little stingy in the morning. A huge no no in my book.



Overall, this is a great buy if you're not super sensitive to eye products like me. I still use this when I'm out of my HG remover but I make sure not to get any in my eye.
Can you recommend any eye makeup removers that I should try?

Disclosure- product featured was bought by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails