Monday, August 16, 2010

Hourglass Cosmetics Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick - Mini Review


I was recently sent a tube of Hourglass Cosmetic's new Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick to try out in the color Ballet. I'd describe Ballet as a medium blue pink with a soft shine. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Lovelorn but a bit deeper and brighter. Ballet is definitely a change from the soft nudes that I'm used to (throw a gloss over this and I be clubbin!) I bet Ballet would look amazing as an everyday lipstick on medium/darker skin chicas.

I love the Hourglass emblem carved into the lippie.

Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick
A silky, richly pigmented formula that defines and shapes the lips as it moisturizes. This light as air formula immediately hydrates and softens lips for a luxurious feel and subtle shine.

•Unique blend provides excellent skin-smoothing, moisture-enhancing, and reparative properties
•Custom-designed bullet features an embossed Hourglass icon
•Vitamin E conditions and treat with protective super antioxidants
•Water-resistant, long-lasting, and paraben-free
•Refillable



Ballet (flash) Ballet (natural light)
Ballet swatched on NW20 skin
As a lipstick, Femme Rouge Velvet Creme is very buttery, moisturizing, and light on the lips. Long after it wore off, my lips felt soft and conditioned. It withstood 3 hours of wear before I felt a need to reapply. Also, the lippie smells very nice, kind of a faint vanilla smell but nothing overwhelming. The packaging is pretty cool, sturdy with the brand engraved onto the side. The description says that tube is refillable but I don't see anywhere on the website where they sell the refills yet.
I'm happy to report these new lippies definitely have a quality of luxury brand lipstick. If you're looking for a new line of lipsticks to try this Fall, I'd definitely recommend Hourglass's new Femme Rouge line.
Femme Rouge Velvet Creme recently launched on HourglassCosmetics.com and will be available in the coming weeks at Barneys, Sephora, Sephora.com and Zuneta.com.

Disclosure: I was provided a sample of the product by PR.

13 comments:

  1. how awesome they sent these too you they look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous lippie! i have yet to try out hourglass cosmetics and i hope to get a chance soon! thanks for the swatches :) this looks really pretty on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely colour!! I love lipstick with vanila scent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely colour! I love pink lipstick. The colour looks amazing on you. It's perfect for summer. I have to go to there website and check it out
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Want to win a pairs of designer denim? Go to PetiteLittleGirl.com for more details

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour!

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pink lipsticks!and this one has a lovely colour!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour, it looks great on you! Never heard of this brand before thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty color. The packaging is adorable. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect shade of pink! I would love to try this, lipsticks are my weakness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous colour!

    follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colour, i love it, do you know if they will be available in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicolette- Yes! They should be arriving soon to Zuneta.com
    http://www.zuneta.com/shop-by-brand/hourglass.html/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is like the perfect pink color! It looks like it's not drying either, which is good. I've been kind of obsessed with finding the perfect pink lip color. I like it to be noticeable but since I'm so pale some of them come out garish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails