Thursday, October 21, 2010

Review: Do I adore Dior Capture Totale?



I've tried many face lotions over the years. Few have been winners, and other have been flat out duds. I usually never blog about the losers and the "eh" products but Dior's Capture Totale is definitely worth a nod in the winner category.

I bought my jar of Capture Totale during Sephora's F&F sale in 2009 due to the suggestion of a guy who worked there. I figured why not, I can always return it. I flinched as I entered my credit card info online but I was really getting PO'ed at my newly forming forehead lines (thank you sun!).

Just a little side note, what works for me, might not work for you. I have normal skin but sensitive to certain ingredients. I get little itchy bumps on my skin if something doesn't like me. I'm not acne prone but I do get hormonal acne thanks to flo.

Dior Capture Totale claims the following on the Sephora site: Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Creme: Dior's Capture Totale works to correct all signs of visible aging: wrinkles, lack of firmness, and dark spots. Its secret: Longoza, a rare revitalizing plant grown only in Madagascar that increases skin resilience, firmness, and texture as it minimizes the appearance of dark spots. After just one application your skin will look radiantly younger.

Capture Totale comes in a 1.7 oz jar. Kind of unsanitary but it's not like I'm letting my cats dip their kitty littered paws into it. I do like that because it's in a jar, I can get every expensive drop out of it. It's consistency is very light and it has a ever so slight pleasant fragrance. I've been known to take back products due to my husband hating the smell of it (like a certain burnt plastic smelling cream- I love how descriptive he is. I wouldn't want to sleep next to someone who smelled like burning plastic so I don't blame him for making me take that back).

It takes about 30 minutes for Capture Totale to completely sink into my skin. I only use this as a night cream. I do like that it sinks in completely and doesn't leave a greasy residue that I rub into my pillows all night. I noticed with use that my lines were definitely softened, my skin was supple and brighter, and best of all my old acne and hive scars were fading. This cream definitely earns it's reputation. Upon discontinuing use, all those wonderful things that the cream did were undid. Stupid forehead lines.

Since I'm a beauty fiend, I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing and a cheaper way of treating my skin. Dior Capture Totale is worth it but I'm convinced there's other things out there. Of course, I'm testing away at other products right now. If I were to buy this cream for one thing, it would be for the drastic almost overnight improvement in scars.




Dior Capture Totale is available at Sephora

Disclosure: I bought this myself because I like stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, this sounds like one amazing product.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a promising product. I'll have to get a sample of this when I visit Sephora. Dior products have a bunch of fragrance in them so I'm afraid my finicky skin will rebel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails